festival Guidelines and Criteria
We welcome exhibitors and sponsors from any organization that provides products and/or services which contribute directly to environmental sustainability such as:
- Organic, recycled, or renewable products
- Ecological services and/or education
- Has a history of environmentally sustainable business practices or organizational practices
- Has in place a program to increase sustainable practices in its company/organization.
Festival Exhibit Layout
There are three major components to the Conway EcoFest;
- The primary component is the “ECOlibrium”: a highly interactive, and coordinated environmental education area geared to all ages. This area will explore all aspects of an issue, show the connections between each topic, and look at sustainable ways of life. See Guidelines below.
- The more traditional Marketplace booths where those with links to the environment may sell products, foods or services, or just promote their business as a whole. You are encouraged to help educate the public about how your products/organizations are linked to the environment. This will include food vendors. See Guidelines below.
- The Cardboard Car Derby- Gravity propulsion only. Two categories: 8 - 17, and 18 and up.
- You may request as much space as you need to facilitate your interactive exhibit; we suggest a minimum of 20’.
- Uniform size display posters will be provided at all exhibits in the ECOlibrium Educational Gallery, in order to tell about the (qualified) exhibit sponsor, and their sustainable business practices and efforts. Since energy is always an important issue, we encourage telling about how each exhibit topic is impacting the energy or other environmental issues. Traditional large banners are discouraged in the ECOlibrium unless prior approval is obtained. For immediate questions, please contact Debbie at (501) 472-0901 or through this Web site.
- We encourage networking with the section leader(s) ASAP to help coordinate efforts, and topics within each section. This will allow for a broader and much more enriching and educational experience for everyone involved. The section leaders and contact numbers will be posted asap. In the meantime, if you have any questions, or want to clarify or discuss your exhibit plans, please call Debbie at 472-0901.
- Unrelated candy/trinket give-aways are discouraged. Related information/items are permissible so long as the focus of the exhibit and it's environmental education.
- Petitions are generally not permitted in the ECOlibrium area. Petitions are permissible at exhibits in the Marketplace, but may not leave the specific exhibit.
- To keep our costs low, and because all exhibits will require different things, tables, and chairs will not be provided without prior arrangements. We do not have tents available to loan out.
- Work towards no waste. Styrofoam and glass are not permitted at this event. Plastic bottles are discouraged, but recyclableable paper cups and water will be free at the event.
- Exhibitors may request up to 20’ for their booth (more if prearranged)at no extra charge
- Tables and chairs will not be provided (without prior arrangements) in an effort to reduce event costs. No tents are available to loan out.
- Candy and unrelated trinket give aways are discouraged
- Exhibitors should meet festival criteria set forth above
- Petitions are permissible at Marketplace booths, but may not leave the specific exhibit.
- Work towards no waste. Styrofoam and glass are not permitted at this event. Plastic bottles are discouraged. Small recyclable cups and water will be free at the event.
- Those SELLING food, must provide a copy of its Health Dept. permit (temps are available 501-450-4941) and proof of insurance; if you are working from a traveling food station of any kind, vendor must provide measurements of vehicle and pictures of vehicle. No Styrofoam or glass products of any kind.
- Those distributing FREE food, taste tests, etc.: If any food is being given away at an exhibit, it must be prepared in a commercial kitchen, or have a Health Dept. permit. No food is permitted that does not meet health code specifications.
In lieu of a participation fee, we ask that exhibitors/participants consider helping us share information about the Conway EcoFest by:
linking to appropriate networks you may be associated with, and/or perhaps a short article in an employee newsletter you may have; etc.
Donations are gladly accepted and are now tax-deductible. Donations may be made through Paypal, mailed to 21 Rolling HIlls Dr., Conway, AR 72032, or made at the event if you feel EcoFest has been productive for you and our community.
(see power and water below)
POWER and WATER FEES & REQUESTS
- Minimum of $10 but will be determined by needs.
- 220 Power is NOT available. Power must be prearranged as power is limited, and will be on a first come, first served basis.
- Exhibitor will need to provide their own safe extension cords.
- If water needs are low, there is no fee for it. We ask that you bring buckets and we will help you transport the water.
Exhibitor Application Form
Please read the Exhibit Criteria before completing the application. The Exhibitor Agreement will provide you more complete information. Thank you.
A panel reviews the applications on a regular basis, you will be notified by email or phone when the review process is complete and your application has been accepted.